1. Privacy Statement
In some cases, if you do not provide personal information we may not be able to provide you a service offered via the Site. We will indicate where the information must be provided in order for us to provide a service to you.
If we collect personal information from you, you may have the right to (i) access your personal information, (ii) ask to modify, delete or restrict the use of your personal information, and (iii) ask us to send you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used and machine-readable format. We will consider such requests in accordance with applicable law and may also require verification of your identity in order to process such requests.
Any such request should be directed to email@example.com.
2. What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
Information you provide to us:
We may collect personal information you provide directly to us, such as when you place an order via the Site, when you subscribe to a newsletter, when you contact us via the “Contact Us” section of our Site, or otherwise communicate with us.
This personal information may include: title, name, surname, email, postal address, telephone number and any other information you choose to provide.
- Below is an explanation of the ways in which we may use this information: The information you provide to us to place an order will be used by Bambooth and/or an agency working on Bambooth’s behalf to take your order into account, process the order, deliver the ordered products, inform you on the status of your order and/or send you information about your order.
- The information you provide to us in the event you send a return form will be used by Bambooth [and/or an agency working on Bambooth’s behalf] to process your request for return.
- The information you provide to us to subscribe to the newsletter will be used by Bambooth and/or an agency working on Bambooth’s behalf to inform you of our Site news and offers. Each email received will include an unsubscribe option.
- The information you provide to us via the “Contact Us” page will be used by Bambooth and/or an agency working on Bambooth’s behalf to respond to your comments, questions or requests for information. Aside from replying to an e-mail sent by you, it is not our intention to contact you unless you request particular information. Although we will retain your contact information in our database, we will use it only to respond to your requests.
3. What is our legal basis for processing your personal information?
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. Depending on the purposes for which we are processing your personal information (as explained in section 2 above), the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Performance of a contract: for example, where it is necessary for us to process your personal information in order to fulfill an order you have placed via our Site.
- Your consent: for example, if you have given us your consent to provide your personal information to us or third parties for marketing purposes.
- For our or our third parties’ legitimate business interests: for example, where it is necessary for Bambooth to process personal information for the purposes of preventing fraud.
- Compliance with law: for example, where Bambooth is subject to a legal or regulatory obligation and needs to use your personal information in order to comply.
4. Retention period of the personal information we collect
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Personal information collected to fulfill orders made via our Site will typically be retained for the duration of the contract plus an additional period, will be in line with the statutory limitation period for the jurisdiction in question.
Where we have collected your personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with the processing, you may at any time withdraw or change your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information subject to legal restrictions. The revocation of your consent will be valid for the future and will not affect the legality of the processing that was done based on your initial consent.
Like many other web sites, our Site may use a standard technology called a “cookie”, or technology which is similar to a cookie, to collect and record information about your usage of the Site. Cookies are designed notably to help us recognizing your browser and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set and to improve your user experience when you visit our Site again.
Cookies that we may issue cannot retrieve any other information from your hard drive or pass on a computer virus.
We may issue cookies that allow us to:
- compile statistics and traffic volume and measure the use of the various sections of our Site (headings and content visited, click streams) which helps us improve the value and usability of our services; to do so, we may use Google Analytics or other third party analytic tools. The information we collect is aggregated and not directly identifiable. We can share such information with developers or other service providers working with us on the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- customize the presentation of our Site to the display settings of your data terminal (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visit on our Site, based on your data terminal’s hardware, viewing software and video software;
- customize the advertising content displayed in our advertising space on your data terminal based on previous information that you have provided;
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to contents or a service after a certain period of time;
- identify which parts of our Site you have been visited or keep track of your preferences, track a path through our web pages.
- allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our Site, such as your account, based on user names, passwords and other information that you may have previously given us access;
- send you marketing communications, ads, offers and other information which may be of interest to you, including information concerning exclusive offers.
- store information contained in any form that you fill out on our Site to allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our site (your account) or to products services or information you chose on the Site (content of your shopping cart).
In any case, you can decide to allow or block cookies. There are several ways to manage cookies, as described below. However, some difficulties to navigate on our Site might occur.
- You can configure your browser to allow cookies to be stored on your data terminal, to reject them automatically or to reject them from certain issuers. You can also configure your browser so that you are promptly asked to accept or reject cookies before a cookie is saved to your data terminal. Each browser has a different way of managing cookies and cookie settings. The configuration of your browser is described in its help menu which will inform you of how to change your cookie settings.
6. Links to or from Other Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. Bambooth has no control over and assumes no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of these websites. You should review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data to trusted third parties, advertising agencies, electronic commerce platforms and payment service providers who assist us in operating the Site conducting our business. Third party providers maintain the information they need to perform their designated functions and we do not authorize such parties to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
If we become involved in a transaction to sell all, or any parts, of our business or assets or merge with another business we may use or disclose personal information to other parties involved in the transaction For example, the prospective seller or buyer and our professional advisers.
8. Security of your Personal Information
We have policies and procedures in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. In addition, we have implemented technological safeguards including security software, passwords and firewalls intended to prevent unauthorized computer access. No claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstance or its resilience to future attacks.
9. Transfer and Storage of Information
10. Children’s Online Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from or market to children under 13 or as defined by local legal requirements.
Should we decide otherwise, we will obtain consent from a legal representative before we collect personal information of children where it is required by applicable laws and regulations (the age at which consent from a legal representative is necessary varies from country to country).
You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority however we recommend you contact us before doing so as we may be able to resolve any issues with you directly in a more efficient manner.
Data Protection Officer,
85 Great Portland Street,